Junior Frontend Developer
Schibsted Media combines a long and proud publishing tradition stretching back to the 19th century, with digital innovation and entrepreneurship. Schibsted Media is an independent division that comprises all of Schibsted’s media businesses, including brands such as VG, Aftonbladet, Aftenposten, Svenska Dagbladet, Bergens Tidende, Stavanger Aftenblad, Fædrelandsvennen, and seven local newspapers.
The division also includes Schibsted Growth, which is home to start-ups and growing businesses such as Lendo, Prisjakt, Let’s Deal, Bynk, Fronteer Solutions, and Kickback. Growth is always searching for smart founders with ambitious ideas, scalable business models – and a mission to empower people in their daily lives.
Schibsted Media was established in the autumn of 2017, and the division contains 4000 employees who are based across Norway, Sweden, and Poland.
A well functioning democracy relies on informed and engaged citizens, and news sites and quality journalism play a crucial role in informing the public and enabling public debate. Aftenposten aim to be the most important news site in Norway, serving our subscribers premium content, insight and new perspectives every day. We are seeking a full stack developer to help continue our mission and deliver excellent news coverage to our users.
As a Junior Frontend Developer at Schibsted Media for Aftenposten you will be part of a cross functional team of highly talented individuals. You have some experience besides a bachelor og masters degree, you are relentlessly technical and capable of being a strong individual and team player in a distributed team. As with any engineer we hire, the ability to communicate well is crucial, and you will participate in multiple initiatives with other disciplines across our different locations in order to build world class products. The main product you will be focusing is Aftenposten, but you would also contribute to other publishers across Schibsted.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are passionate about technology
- Are motivated by engaging in a variety of tasks
- Have an eye for design and accessibility
- Loves to learn and follow technology trends
- Have a genuine interest in media and end-user needs
- Collaborates well across large organizations
- Speak English fluently (Norwegian/Swedish is a plus)
- Wants to change the media industry
- Are natural and effective problem-solvers
- Deep knowledge of HTML5, CSS
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Understanding of concepts and/or experience with continuous deployment, integration and unit tests, documentation, GitHub, SoC, DI and DRY
- Contributions to Open Source projects is a plus
- You will work in modern facilities in Oslo with coffee easily available and news junkies at every corner. Some travel should be expected.
- Competitive salary with insurance and other company benefits.