Technical Project Manager
Fintech is fun, insurtech is even more awesome! We’ve all witnessed the impact of fintech in the banking industry, and now disruption is coming for the insurance industry. Our mission is to help insurance companies get rid of their legacy systems and start innovating. Cloud Insurance, our lean and mean Software-as-a-Service, is already in use in over 20 countries across five continents.
Cloud Insurance is constantly growing and improving, so we need more people to join the fun. With this new position we seek someone to take our next cutting-edge features from planning to deployment.
As the link between the Oslo-based development team and our clients across the world, you will work as a multifaceted superhero; balancing business understanding, advanced technological skill and managerial duties. Working in our small and fast-moving organization, you will also experience a good chunk of autonomy and get the opportunity to contribute in the areas you thrive.
- Plan and manage development and implementation projects, working in cross-functional teams with internal and external resources.
- Help define the best technical solutions to our customers’ business needs and pain points.
- Define project scope, goals and timeline, and translate these into epics and user stories.
- Work closely with our development team to “groom” the backlog and plan lanches.
- Depending on interest and skill, you may also be hands-on in frontend and/or backend development – fixing smaller ad hoc requests from our clients or lending a hand to the tech team.
- Depending on interests and what makes you tick, you may also be involved in business development efforts and/or internal tasks such as recruiting, speaking at conferences, planning social events, attending strategy workshops etc. – in a small company you can “wear many hats”!
- The experience of working in a fast-moving, fast-growing tech startup environment.
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn.
- Unlimited high-quality coffee from Solberg & Hansen, cold beer in the fridge and an amazing, free lunch.
- Competitive salary (we are funded and profitable).
- Equity in the company (we want to share the success with those who contribute to it).
- Lots of flexibility with regards to where, when and how you work.
- Let your skills thrive in an environment focusing on personal development, cross-functional knowledge sharing, always celebrating new perspectives and seeking new inputs.
- Lots of fun – afterwork beers, parties and much more!
- Academic background in engineering or business (MSc preferred).
- 2+ years’ experience working with consulting and/or project leadership, preferably within technology.
- Organizational skills to manage competing projects with tight deadlines.
- A flexible approach and ability to grow together with the company.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with ability to lead through influence.
- Interest or experience from the finance/insurance sector (not a must! We have a fresh and different approach to the insurance industry).
- Project management experience from a technology and/or startup environment.
- Familiarity with cloud-based application management and deployment.
- Bilingual in English and Norwegian/Swedish/Danish is a plus.
This position is based in Oslo, Norway. We have modern offices at the magnificent House of Seafaring, right in the middle of Oslo’s city center. You can expect some, but not too much, travelling in the US and UK.
Cloud Insurance is funded, profitable, and growing. We are among the 1% of Norwegian companies that were officially designated as Gazelle Company by DN and PwC this year. We also won Norwegian Fintech Awards 2017, and we are one out of only three Nordic companies on the prestigious InsurTech 100 list. Apply and join the fun!
Still curious? If you want to know more about us, check out cloudinsurance.io, especially the page with some info on the team. Also, have a look at this article from Insurance Post, this one from Finansavisen, this one from E24, and plenty of shifter.no stories. Also, feel free to check out our sales brochure, company profile, and slide deck.
Want to see a glimpse of daily life in Cloud Insurance? Check out this video and our Instagram feed.