Klaveness is an operator, service provider and integrated owner with innovation as an integral part of our overall vision. In addition to being a leading service provider to the global dry bulk industry, including providing digital solutions for wider use in the shipping industry, the company has a unique concept for combination carriers and provides container feeder vessels to various operators.
With more than 70 years of experience in the dry bulk segment, Klaveness operates close to 135 vessels through offices in Oslo, Singapore, Manila and Dubai with around 175 employees onshore and close to 650 seafarers.
Klaveness is quickly advancing its journey of data driven decision making and automating business processes. We have created a set of applications for wider use in the shipping industry, and we're now further advancing our digital capabilities to facilitate the company’s transformation.
To help us on our mission we are looking for a Platform Engineer who will be a key player in building our data platform together with the rest of our team. By creating exciting and forward-thinking solutions, you'll get the opportunity to adopt, tweak and influence how we should build our data platform.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Understand which data are needed and source them
- Dig into source systems and combine data with SQL
- Build collectors and pipelines that process, qualifies and stores the data
- Expose the data through tailored APIs or relevant interfaces
- Solve domain problems
As part of the IT & Development team in Oslo you will work closely with a growing number of data scientists, business analysts, IT domain experts, consultants and the development team in Klaveness Digital. You will be entitled and trusted with a wide range of tasks. You will be instrumental in defining our relation to our infrastructure partner(s) and build routines that enables the IT & Development team to operate our data platform and services as effortless as possible. We expect that you collect and build knowledge of your field of expertise, the shipping industry and the Klaveness customer offerings.
How we work:
Klaveness is technology agnostic, but fancy open over closed source, managed cloud services over ‘bare metal’ and security trumps release speed. Microservices and pipelines are today mostly greenfield projects and you are entitled to select the best technology and methods for the job. We work in close cooperation with the Klaveness Digital team that develops SaaS-services in Scala and React/Redux stack and deployed to a multi-tenant Kubernetes cluster. Our team process is modern, and the most important to us is that the process methodology is not generating a large overhead and that there are plenty of room for feedback from the team members.
We're looking for someone that has:
- BSc., MSc. or solid experience within the relevant field
- Experience with working in a cloud environment using preferrably Azure, AWS or GCP
- Solid experience as a developer using languages like Java and other open-source technologies
- The ability to communicate with the rest of the development team as well as to the domain experts in the company
- Experience with developing JSON APIs for single page applications
- Experience with data pipelines
- Experience with centralized logging and metric based monitoring
We can offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Good opportunities for personal and professional development
- Being part of transforming a conventional global industry
- Work in an experienced team
- A good working environment in modern offices at Vækerø in Oslo
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Malin Haglund at First Engineers (+47 90 23 14 15 / [email protected])